Friday, June 19, 2009

Football and Earth 2

Why do I play football? I actually ask myself that every time I head home from the field. I really have no clue why I choose to spend Thursday evenings doing it. Yesterday, especially. I was sad and really just wanted to come home, heat up a bowl of beans, and crawl in bed with a good book. Instead, I joined my friends for a rousing game of flag football. It was raining and cold and wet outside. I fell three times, am so sore today I can barely move, caught the ball a total of zero times, and made not one touchdown. Why do I play football? I have no idea, but every week that I play I have a ball! (literally and figuratively!)

On a completely unrelated note, I mentioned previously that Michele was leaving me at home with no Star Trek DVDs to watch (I could have borrowed a DS9 from our friend Tina if I was deperate, so don't pity me too much.) When I am without a Star Trek, I search Netflix for a show I can watch instantly. A few days before Michele came home, I found Earth 2. I had never heard of it before, but it came out in the early nineties and only lasted one season - 22 episodes. It's set in the future when Earth is no longer inhabitable, and follows a group of pioneers trying to settle a new Earth: think Star Trek DS9 meets Little House on the Prairie, except not a quarter as good as either of those shows. It's really a bad show, but I cannot stop watching it. Have you ever watched a show that is really bad, but you can't stop watching it, so you convince yourself it's really good - I'm sure there's a psychological term for this phenomenon. Anyway, I didn't want to go to sleep last night until Michele was safely in her hotel room, so I stayed up and watched episode after episode of Earth 2. It is really quite good if you give it a chance - or if you give it 22 chances and then the pain will be over, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails