Friday, June 5, 2009

Black Gold

I feel like I am truly gardening now: I am composting!! It's really fun. Michele got me a little pitch fork to turn the refuse while its cooking. I put the bin in a really sunny spot in the backyard. I can't wait to see it all turn into compost!

Michele and I worked in the yard today - my first Friday off on my new schedule. It was so nice to be out and about on a weekday! I promised her that tomorrow we can just relax all day and enjoy our hard work from last weekend and today. I want to go to the market in the morning, though, and when I do I am always tempted to by a plant or two. Michele has made me promise that I will not buy any vegetables that we cannot cut up right away and eat. Although I love having her home, if she was out on the road I would have the whole backyard filled up with vegetable beds! I mean, what's the harm in one more variety of tomatoes, right?

1 comment:

  1. now you're going to have to learn to can to preserve all the stuff you're growing. just imagine how much less money you'll be spending on produce! *smile*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails