Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Musical Magic

Jeremy, our church's pianist and choir director, is a student at Eastman School of Music. I took him home after choir practice yesterday and he invited me to his recital tonight. After he invited me, I asked him if the recital was a class or school requirement. He said "No, it's not a requirement. A friend and I just thought it would be fun to put something together." So, I went to Jeremy's recital expecting a few kids playing around, making great music, of course - this is Eastman after all - but nothing organized or fancy. What I found when I got there was a 30-person orchestra, programs, the cutest conductor in a tux, and Jeremy playing the most fabulous music I have heard in a long time. It was amazing. Just goes to show what can happen when two friends decide to have a little fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails