Friday, February 27, 2009

Social Graces

I was told tonight that I have no social graces. Shocking, I know, but it is true. I have never had a knack for the social niceties and am too quick to say what I am thinking. Right now, I really miss Michele. She is really the nice one and my niceness was often just a reflection of hers, as the moon's glow is a reflection of the sun's. But, I am working on it. As I become more social, I am developing all kinds of new skills that go along with it, like grace and tact. I am constantly reminded of a line of a song I loved to sing in church as a child: Please be patient with me. God is not through with me yet. So, as I learn my new skills, I count on the loving kindness and patience of friends. But then when you think about it, compared to some of my favorite people, like Worf and Data, I'm a walk in the park! (For anyone who doesn't know, Worf is a Klingon - enough said - and Data is an android, so next to them I am excelling at this social stuff!)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails