Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ashes

I went to Ash Wednesday service tonight. I've always enjoyed the Lenten season. Probably because I have never been one to give something up. I always try to add something that will make me better somehow. I don't know what that will be this year - of course, I will try to pray more, be a better partner, daughter, sister, friend, employee, etc. And I always try to do something just for me - to make a better me, somehow. I think this year it might be to make a firm committment to daily yoga and meditation. I think this year, too, I will do something to make a better Earth. I already reduce, reuse, and recycle. I already use cloth napkins, phosphate-free soaps, conserve water, and buy what I can locally. Hmmm, maybe I could conserve even more water and use even fewer cleaning products by not cleaning the bathrooms for a while. I did it for the first time since Michele's been away and, let me tell you, it is NOT fun! I guess giving up something I don't really want to do anyway isn't in the spirit of the season, though. I'm sure I could reduce my energy usage by turning off some of my lights - I do use compact flourescents! - but I just can't do it and still function. I'm sure I'll think of something good that I can make into a habit. I sure wish it could be the bathroom thing, though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails