Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Simple Pleasures

I got two really neat things this week that made me smile. The first is a set of upholstery needles - 4 in all. My favorite of the four is the longest - 12 inches!! Yes, size does matter when you are trying to do button tufting through an 8 inch thick cushion!! I am redecorating Michele's workout room while she is away - yes, she knows - and making a "'Tween Couch." It is really a set of cushions that form a couch for when we would like to watch the only TV in our house. Then, when we need the space for yoga or whatever, they can easily be stored away. And making the couch gave me a great reason to buy a set of really big needles.

The second really neat thing I got this week is a set of tile samples. A few weeks ago, a friend and I went to Home Depot and learned how to tile floors and walls and I have been wanting to try it. I ordered a bunch of samples from a Brooklyn company and got them today. So pretty!! It got me to thinking about possibly tiling the floor in my upstairs bathroom - of course first I need to finish removing the linoleum! What a mess!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails