Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Culprit

Well, I have always been one to admit when I am wrong. I have been wrong to condemn the bunnies and squirrels. It was not they who were eating all my tomatoes, oh no! It was a groundhog - and I always thought they were so cute! Unfortunately, ground hogs are quite large and, when they are standing up, are able to reach at least midway up my tomato plants. So, the generosity I have displayed in "letting" what I thought were bunnies and squirrels eat the fruit on the bottom of the plants with the knowledge that they wouldn't be able to reach the higher fruits is now moot! The friendly neighborhood groundhog can reach whatever fruits she wants! I will say that when I saw that groundhog plucking up my tomatoes, I had to bowdlerize my mind before being able to generate the family-friendly text of this post. Tomato-stealing groundhogs certainly bring out the worst in me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails