Another of my goals was to make my shop official with the state of New York. Mission accomplished. I just got notification today that my application to accept NYS sales tax was processed and approved. The Quilted House is now official! Yippee!!
As I am on the subject of goals, I thought I would share with you a few of the funnier ones from the "do before I'm 40" list I mentioned yesterday. So in addition to my goal to have a fish in every room, I (at one point about ten years ago) wanted to:
- Become fulfilled (hmmm? OK, I can check that one off)
- Have the perfect craft room (mission accomplished - BIG TIME!)
- Help people (not sure why I needed to put this on the list, but maybe it was a loftier goal than it sounds)
- Take advantage of opportunities (I guess I hadn't heard of SMART goals yet)
- Own a tub I can lay down in (OK, this is still a great desire - I'm 6 feet tall and when sitting in the original tub in our house from 1920, I'd settle for a tub I can stretch my legs out in!)
- Know a lot about something (wow, really?)
Also on the list: Have fun. As you can see from the pictures of Michele, our Utah buddies, Cindy and Jeremiah, and me on New Year's eve, I can cross that one off the list, too!