Monday, September 28, 2009

New Beginnings


I started my new job today - sort of. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this, but, by day, I work as an instructional designer and up to this point I have developed instruction, mostly in the form of online courses, for custom clients. For over a year now, I have worked for the same client, a pharmaceutical company. Recently, I decided to change things up and applied for a new position within the company. I will still be developing courses, but instead of creating courses for custom clients, I will be creating courses to fill our catalog. These courses could be purchased by various clients and are not customized for just one. So, I still work for the same company, just in a different department. And because I work for the same company, my transition to the new job will be sinuous, but that is necessary so that I can leave my client in a good place. For a little while I may be straddling the fence between the two departments, but all is well. Since I officially became part of the new department today, they gave me this lovely bouquet and took me out to lunch. Such a nice gesture and a wonderful way to ease me onto their team and ease my leaving a department and client I will miss dearly. Oh, new beginnings wouldn't be so hard if endings weren't so sad!

2 comments:

  1. Hi!! Congratulation whith new job!! And I a lovely bouqet of flower!! I love that you found my blog, before you knew that you should send me a quilt. I think I asked you the question before too.... I`m sorry that you have to use the translation thing for reading my blog, but it is hard enough for me to try to write good norwegian, I try to bee funny from time to time. My english is "poor" but I like to try.....So now I have to find a nice place for my wonderful quilt. Have a nice day!! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job!! I finally got a picture loaded. this thing is so picky. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails