Friday, July 24, 2009

Thankful for the Rain

I have decided to be thankful for all the rain we've been having here in Rochester. It allows me to not have to choose between gardening and quilting, so I have been focusing all my energy on my current quilting projects and making the things for my Etsy store - all quilted items. I've created the patterns for my three current quilt projects: my sister's project, a wall hanging for our house, and the quilt for the summertime quilt swap. I like to fully draw out all my quilts at the actual finished size for wall hangings or at scale for lap quilts and bed quilts. I then use my handy dandy box of 96 crayons to color in my patterns. It really helps me see how the color works with the design.

Now I can't show you my sister's project because she reads this blog and wants the finished product to be a surprise. I'll share my quilt and the swap quilt designs with you, though. First, my quilt is to commemorate my first year as a veggie gardener. It includes most of the veggies I am attempting to grow in the backyard. I can't wait to get started on this project!!

The swap quilt also commemorates my first year gardening. The lilies look slightly like the ones in my front yard, though I don't have pink/red ones. I think my swap partner will like it. I need to get started on this one soon. Although the swap doesn't need to be sent until September 21st, my partner is not in North America. I want to get it done in time to account for transit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails