Friday, July 17, 2009

Roasted Green (Purple) Beans

I made yummy roasted green (purple) beans for dinner tonight. I found the recipe here: http://www.recipezaar.com/Roasted-Green-Beans-133821 They were so very good! I am searching the web for green bean recipes and having a lot of fun eating out of the garden. I can't wait for the tomatoes, peppers, squash, and cucumbers to come join the party!

These royal burgundy garden beans are so cool. They start out such a deep, dark purple/burgundy, but are really bright green inside. Then, when you cook them, they turn green, like regular green beans. It's so wild. I wish I knew what made them change color.

2 comments:

  1. clearly - heat makes them change color :P

    (ducking and running...!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a smarty pants, Dr. Sara! I KNOW it's the heat that does it, but how/why!! And how hot? Obviously, heat from the sun doesn't do it. What if we had a heat wave? Would they turn green on the bush? :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails