Monday, May 25, 2009

Trees Masquerading as Lilacs

Those of you who read this blog regularly may remember that a few weeks ago Rita and I transplanted two lilacs from her back yard into my front yard. Well, I will preface the next thing I tell you with the information that Rita is "Italian from Italy," which she says to distinguish herself from "Italians who have never lived in Italy." Because of this, Rita sometimes has a little trouble with English. That having been explained, those little trees that we transplanted were not lilacs. Rita simply calls them that because her mom planted them at the same time that she planted the lilac in Rita's front yard and Rita cannot remember what the plants are actually called, so it's easy to just call them lilacs. I am not sure what they are, but am sure that they will be just lovely! We may not yet be real Rochesterians, but our masquerading who knows what bushes should qualify us to be honorary Rochesterians since I did think they were lilacs for at least several weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails