Friday, May 8, 2009

A Thing of Beauty and a Joy Forever

This afternoon, I went to see Star Trek (the latest movie, in case you are unenlightened). I have been excited about this movie for years - since the last movie, in fact. Then, when Michele went on the road, we made a plan to wait to see it when she came home. She'll be home for my birthday, so it was an ideal plan. I did not, however, take into account how painful it would be to wait to see it. Michele and I discussed it and decided it would be better for my health if I went to see it without her (I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Michele HATES Star Trek - shocking, I know!). So, I took off work early today and went to see it. Amazing! A thing of beauty and a joy forever! My heart filled near to bursting and I am not ashamed to say I shed a tear or two just from the sheer joy of seeing my old friends before they became my old friends. Really a very lovely movie.

Though I could not wait for Michele to see Star Trek, I have been drawing on deep stores of will power to resist seeing X-Men before she comes home. It's been out a whole week and I have held myself back (of course the pain of waiting for X-Men is nothing compared to the pain of waiting the two days I did wait to see Star Trek). When Michele comes home, we have plans to see X-Men, Transformers, Angels and Demons, and another long awaited sequel: Terminator. Of course, to prepare for Terminator, Michele needs to watch all the previous Terminator movies - again, she's not a fan - which will be quite a birthday gift to me. She's never liked Arnold, but since he's not in this one it's not a problem (but don't get me started on how irresponsible to his fans I think he was when he decided to become governor. I mean he left the last movie primed for a sequel and then decides to run for office!! OK, OK, I won't get started.). Needless to say, we will have an action packed few days during Michele's first home time. Oh, and did I mention that we will be seeing Star Trek together when she gets home. I, of course, won't mind seeing it again and Michele insists on seeing it with me, so who am I to argue?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails