Monday, May 4, 2009

Haunted by Little Bunny Foo Foo

I've become obsessed with worrying about our garden. Our neighbor, Rita, told me that the bunnies will love the carrots and lettuce in the vegetable garden. At the time, I thought "Hmm, I've seen skunk and ground hogs in the backyard, but never bunnies. I don't need to worry about that." And I went along with the day. Well, on the way home from dropping Gloria off at the airport, I was driving down my street at 5:30 in the morning and there was a bunny sitting in the middle of the road. I looked at her, she looked at me, our eyes met and she seemed to say, "Thanks, Michelle, for putting all those yummy veggies in the ground for us. My fam and I will be eating like queens. See you 'round the veggie patch!" And then she hopped off. I swear I've thought of little else since. Well, ok, that's not true. I've also spent quite a bit of time obsessing about whether the vegetable and flower beds need to be watered and wondering if my veggie bed will be overrun with bugs and weeds. There's a lot to think (obsess) about as a gardener!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails