Sunday, March 21, 2010

I'm In!

I got the official "you've been approved" message from the coordinators of my first ever juried craft show! I am so excited! As I mentioned, it's the MayDay Underground Arts and Crafts, featuring live music from local bands. If you're in the Rochester area, please mark your calendars for May 1st! You can find more information here.

Also, I completed my contribution to my Etsy team's monthly challenge. I'm sure you remember that the theme is Alice in Wonderland and throughout the entire movie, I thought, "Oooo, what if I took a crack at making The Red Queen's hot pads?" And so that is just what I did! I actually had a ball at it and learned a new technique in the process. I wanted to make sure that the hearts were extra secure so that I could advise a customer that the hot pads will wash and dry nicely, but I'm always a little leery of the security of applique on items people will use. So, I did a little research and found Dale Fleming's pinless piecing method for curves and other shapes. It worked like a charm, is as secure as piecing because it IS pieced, and the hot pads turned out great, if I do say so myself!

3 comments:

  1. I love the Alice in Wonderland hot pad! So cute!

    And congrats on being selected for the juried show! I wish I was in Rochester so that I could attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that hotpad! i wish my kitchen were red! :)

    and i'm SO proud of you for getting into the juried craft show. i knew you would, cuz you're fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on entering the juried MayDay! Sorry I missed you the other day

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails