Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Mixed Review: My Post-Dentistry Report

OK, so maybe my expectations for my dental appointment were a wee bit high. There was no exclaiming in the aisles, no pictures were taken, no billboards made. My hygienist commended my efforts, but because in all the insanity of 2009 I somehow forgot to go to the dentist, my at home efforts didn't do as much as I'd thought. I had no cavities, though and that's a good thing. I do have to say, however, that I am not convinced that regular dental care, brushing, flossing, and mouth washing will stop gums from bleeding if you POKE THEM WITH A SHARP INSTRUMENT! I mean, really, isn't that the nature of the human body? We bleed when you poke us with sharp things. My hygienist assures me that if I keep up on my dental care she'll be able to impale my gums on her instruments of torture and no bleeding will commence. I'll believe it when I see it - hopefully at my 6-month checkup.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, can I put your picture on my billboard?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails