Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Delightful, Carroty Surprise

Last week's craziness ended on a positive note. As I mentioned after installing the new water heater, we discovered the chimney was backed up with squirrel nests. Well, after a consultation with my doctor, she believes that most of the health issues I've had over the past year were likely due to chronic carbon monoxide poisoning. So, our flooded basement revealed a life-threatening problem. I told the doctor that as of Thursday I felt so much closer to my regular self - I'm sold that the problem was poor ventilation and am grateful that it was taken care of before it became a tragedy! (Michele suggested that the squirrels were trying to kill me so that they could have my garden all to themselves, but I won't follow the path of that conspiracy theory.)

Right on the tails of this hopeful report from my doctor came a package from my sister. She made me a carrot key keeper! Isn't it just the cutest?! It coordinates so well with my bag, but I think I may make myself a new one. A friend gave me a couple yards of carrot fabric that has been waiting for the perfect project. I think I just found it! Thanks, Kym!! 

2 comments:

  1. it does look really cute on your bag! and good thing you found out about the carbon monoxide! you should get a CO detector, just in case! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2007_06.html
    yarny folks don't like squirrels either.
    but WOW re the health stuff. I'm so glad it all sorted itself out!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails