Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ctrl + Z

I spend a lot of time on the computer. I am on the computer for my entire workday and then I come home and work on my store or write my blog or any number of other things that seem to need to be done on this wonderful machine. I love the convenience and access to people all over the world that the computer and internet have given me, but I also adore that feeling of the world receding and life slowing down when I sit at my sewing table. That being said, this evening, when I needed to cut 10 strips to 7.5" and I accidentally cut them to 6.5" my first thought was "Oh how I wish I could just press Ctrl + Z and undo that!"

On a completely unrelated note, I have been giving a lot of thought to my future career as a roller derby girl. Each derby girl gets to choose a number and a cool name, which is usually a play on words, like Thea Pocalypse, Bomb Voyage, and Harriet Clubman. I've decided that, as I am no triskaidekaphobic, that I would like to have the number 13 (which actually is and always has been my favorite number, simply because 'M' is my favorite letter and 'M' is the 13th letter in the alphabet!) and I've thought of a very cool name: Sojourner Ruthless!! Ain't I a woman, indeed!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahh I love your new name just be careful to not turn into Sojourner Toothless

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should definitely stick with that number!! 13 is also my son's favorite number, he was always #13 in baseball.
    Just going to let you know that I will be posting about my winning the quilt, your shop and your blog tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a TON of things I wish I could CTRL Z. I guess that is what comes from living and learning. Isn't the carpenter's adage, "Measure twice, cut once"? Maybe we should adopt that one for cutting/sewing.

    I'm behind on commenting as it's been a hectic week....ROLLER DERBY??? People still do that? Okay, now who's crazy? Football is one thing, but ROLLER DERBY. Man, those women are out for blood...well, at least it looks that way. I do like Sojourner Ruthless. And I agree, Tina is hilarious.

    Cats & boxes seem to just go together don't they?

    Take Care.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails