Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sunny Days

We have a few really nice days in store for us here in Rochester. The whole weekend is supposed to be sunny and 80 degrees. The logical thing for me to do this weekend is to work in the yard. The task I should focus on, logically, is the lawn. However, I have two issues - okay, make that three issues:
  1. I have never mowed a lawn.
  2. I do not know how to mow or even how to start the lawn mower.
  3. The lawn mowers - yes, both of them - are behind Michele's car in the garage and I don't know how to drive Michele's car.

I am sure I can overcome issues 1 and 2 with the help of my wonderful neighbor Rita and some over-the-phone coaching from my dad, the lawn master. However, Michele is freaked out about me overcoming issue 3. I was not a promising student when she tried to teach me to drive standard. I am actually really excited to try and I think that is where her concern lies. I suppose she has a point: excitement paired with lack of skills is a dangerous combination. I'll let you know what happens. Keep your fingers crossed that my next post isn't about driving through the back wall of the garage! (That's a joke, Michele, trust me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails