Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Michele's Anniversary 'Card'

I've been working on a gift for Michele for our most recent anniversary. About five or six years ago Michele gave me a card - the most beautiful card I've ever seen. I've loved it ever since she gave it to me and always thought I would do something artistic with it or let it inspire a project. When thinking about what to make for Michele for our anniversary, I decided to finally make something based on the lovely card.

I'm very pleased with the result and know Michele will love it, too. Quilting is a real passion of mine, so it was really fun taking something that I have loved for years and recreating it in the art form that brings me the most joy. I took some liberties with the design and had a ball learning new techniques and improving known skills. This was my first stab at applique and I found I really like it. It was fun to combine piecing and applique and do it all with a twist. I think it was a perfect way to honor the love Michele displayed when she picked out a card that was so perfect for me.

2 comments:

  1. that is so awesome! i need you to teach me how to do that. did you do any paper piecing?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails