Saturday, August 21, 2010

Canning Addiction

Sweet pickle spears - oh yum!
Absolutely the most divine bbq sauce
Pickled tomatos - so pretty!
Salsa and hiding behind in the quart
jars is roasted roma tomatos












I've become addicted to canning. It's just so fun that I can't stop myself. Last Friday, I made sweet pickle spears, roasted roma tomatos and garlic, and salsa. Saturday morning I made pickled cherry tomatos with garlic and rosemary. And Sunday afternoon, Michele and I made barbecue sauce. I just love the whole process from planting to harvesting to preparing to cooking to canning to enjoying the fruits of my labor! This weekend I have a craft show to visit (not vending just supporting friends), our church picnic, another church event tomorrow, and I'd like to wedge some canning in there tomorrow afternoon. I don't even know what I want to can, but it will probably be variety #4/5 of pickles (I've already made bread and butter, garlic dill, sweet pickle spears, and relish (though I don't know if that counts as a pickle variety, hence the 4/5)). I plan to do either kosher dill or a zesty sweet - I'm really leaning towards a zesty sweet this week and a potential kosher dill next week if I can harvest more pickling cukes. Like I said, it's an addiction!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! You sure are going to have a great time this winter savoring the taste of summer. I'm jealous! Wonderful colors in the canning process. It all looks so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! You have been very clever with your canning!! I have just made some jam(jelly) and juice from currant.... Nice to have during the winter time..... Have a nice weekend!! Anne:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back in the day when I did some canning, one of my most favorite parts was lining up the finished jars on the shelf like little sparkly jewels. Such a feeling of accomplishment too!

    Congratulations - you're rockin' it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails