Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Carrot Dogs, They're What's for Dinner

On the evening of my birthday, we'd planned to have a barbecue, but Michele and I were so pooped we decided to follow out customary birthday tradition of dinner at Red Robin and a movie (we saw Date Night, which I highly recommend! SO funny!) Now, the most exciting part of the whole barbecue plan was that I was going to try my first carrot dog. Don't be disappointed. I didn't do a carrot dog barbecue for my birthday, but I did make one for myself last night and all I can say is YUM!!! They are really, really good! So good! I put mine on a grilled bun, topped it with grilled red onions, hand chopped relish from bread and butter pickles, and peppadew mustard, and paired it with roasted asparagus and homemade mac salad - quite the gourmet feast! You've really got to try it. Just steam a carrot, chill it, and then grill it and voilá! You have a yummy carrot dog!

2 comments:

  1. i can't believe you actually tagged this post "exotic foods" -- really? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Hey, it's my blog! And a carrot may not be exactly exotic, but eating it as a hotdog is pretty unusual, right? :-P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails