My birthday is coming up and I am just giddy with excitement - just like I have been for the past 35 years and will hopefully be for the next 35! I've always adored my birthday - that one day a year that is solely mine(although I do share mine with my Uncle Logan and Clint Eastwood). A birthday is like a holiday just for you! Which is funny because my birthday often (about every seven years! LOL!) falls on a national holiday - Memorial Day - so it REALLY feels like it's my own personal holiday. I still remember so many fun birthdays:
- My 9th birthday party when we play Red Rover and I ended up getting clotheslined and getting the wind knocked out of me and staining my birthday dress - it was still fun, though! Red Rover is such a great game!
- My 10th birthday when I got a wallet and a purse for my new military ID card - boy did I love showing that off!
- My 16th birthday party that my brother threw for me - such a sweet brother I have!
- My 21st birthday that I celebrated at the roller rink - not drinking, since none of us drank
- My 25th birthday for which all my coworkers gave me quarters since I was a quarter of a century
- My 30th birthday that brought on an "Oh wow, how did I reach 30 without accomplishing any of my goals" crisis which led Michele and I to pick up and move to NY and buy a house