Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Beauty

I went for a long walk with my friend, Ed, today and as we were walking through the woods we came upon two deer. For a split second, their eyes met with ours and I felt a connection. Then they went on their way and we went on ours. After that experience, Ed, who carries his camara with him always, said, "That would have been a great picture, but at least we saw it." Then we had a discussion about the idea that beauty is in the seeing of the scene, whatever that scene may be. Art is in the communication of that beauty to others. I really liked the sound of that and thought I'd share it with you.

And I wanted to say that I looked, but didn't see any mushrooms on our walk today. I'm not sure if it's just not mushroom season here yet or if I didn't look hard enough (which is probably the case.) But, not to worry, Teresa and Anne, I will not be picking and/or eating any mushrooms found either in the woods or in the grocery store. I've tried HARD, but just never developed a tolerance for mushrooms, in general (though, finely chopped portobellos are divine stuffed in ravioli and smothered in smoked cheese sauce (then again, what isn't yummy smothered in cheese sauce!).).

2 comments:

  1. I`m glad that you didn`t find anything!!:-) I don`t like your mushroom hunt:-):-) But to meet two deers!! That`s something!! Take care.... Anne:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again!! I love the yarn that I work with now. One ball, with the hole rainbow inside..... I knit to my friends baby, a little rainbow girl with her two mums. And they will have their second in november....And since they use everything I make for them, more I make......Anne:-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails