Saturday, November 14, 2009

The King of Pop

For a long time - possibly her whole life - Michele has loved Michael Jackson. His death spiraled her into what I lovingly call an obsession. For example, while she was in orientation with her new trucking company, she and another trucker went on a pilgrimage to visit Michael's childhood home in Indiana. And she, who takes weeks to finish a one hundred some page book of funny fiction, read a 900-page treatise on his life in about 4 days! So, needless to say, she's really been wanting to see This is It. Yesterday, I cancelled tonight's plans to go to the roller derby since I'd been sick and it's a late, late night, so when she arrived home this afternoon and asked if we could possibly go see Michael, how could I say no? It was actually very good and moving and I bet if I was as in love with him as Michele is, I would have enjoyed it even more (I swear I think I saw a few tears in her eyes at the end!) Actually, all joking aside, Michael was a very talented individual and I'm glad I got to see  a part of his final offering to the world - and I'm especially glad I got to share it with Michele.

5 comments:

  1. plus, the added bonus of deferring--once again--Roller Derby tryouts. I can keep hoping they cancel them altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend took her daughter to see the movie. They had a good time too. Won't be seeing it - though I don't mind listening to a Michael Jackson song once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to see this last week and in the last 10 minutes or so, right while I was dancing along with Billie Jean in my seat, the reel broke. SO UPSET! I did get a free pass to a future show of my choice though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww - wish I could have gone but yeah, I was WAY too ill. I'm just out from under the flu (hallejujah) I'll have to drag Hannah to see it or something :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael Jackson vs. Roller Derby....Yeah, uh, definitely Michael Jackson wins that one. Glad you got to see it and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails