Thursday, November 12, 2009

Good Things - They Are A-Stirrin'

Though I was home sick today, all in all it was a good day. I woke up this morning feeling like I had the flu, but after taking my allergy medicine and advil, my symptoms seemed to subside a bit. I have a great fear that my nut allergy, which was only triggered by walnuts and pecans, is now moving to almonds. I have the sneaking suspicion that the Butter Almond ice cream I've been eating this week is making me sick.

Aside from feelings of illness, today was a most excellent day. My dad's surgery went well, though I haven't gotten a chance to talk to him yet - they are keeping him overnight due to his sleep apnea, but I'll call tomorrow to check on him. The weather was lovely today, too. I think I've mentioned before that my bedroom is painted yellow and decorated shades of yellow, so with the yellow sunshine coming through the window, I couldn't help but be happy. Also, throughout the day, I peeked into the craftroom to admire the bags I've nearly completed for my shop and the RNEST Winter Fest. They just really make me smile! And the final thing that made today such a good day is that I had another item selected for a Treasury on Etsy! So exciting! I'd love for you all to view the treasury - the more people who look at it, the better the chance is that it will get moved to the front page of the site! That would be so very exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love those little bags! How do you get them to fold in on the sides and what interfacing do you use?

    Sorry you're not feeling well today. What a shame if it really is the butter almond ice cream That would not be fair. Have you tried pralines & cream...oh wait. That's nuts too, isn't it. Ummmm Fudge ripple. That's my second favorite.

    Glad your dad's doing well. Will keep him in my thoughts for a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. daddy's doing okay, but he's in a lot of pain. i talked to him for a hot second but he sounded stoned. oh wait! he was! :) i talked to gloria this morning and they should be going home today, so hopefully we'll be able to talk to him this afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails