Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dreams of Paris

The view from my living room window
Courtesy of World City Photos
Last night I had another odd dream. I actually have odd dreams nightly, but some stand out for their oddity. This dream wasn't about the baby, but I was pregnant in it. I dreamt that Michele - who is driving for Wegman's, our local grocery store, which has stores throughout NY and in PA, VA, MA, and some other places I can't recall - well, Wegman's decided to open operations in France, headquartered in Paris. Michele was asked to transfer there temporarily and we decided to go for it.

Now, I spent my junior high and high school years in Europe and have been to Paris and didn't really like it, so I don't know why it was the focus of my dream, but in the dream I LOVED it there! We had this gorgeous apartment right next to the Eiffel Tower - I mean REALLY close! I could reach my arm out the window and touch the Tower - that close.

Anyhow, the main part of the dream was that we made the decision to transfer and moved but forgot to tell my parents. We'd been in Paris for two weeks and still hadn't let them know, so I finally called my dad. Not surprisingly, he was pretty mad! Steamed is more like it! Then I woke up.

One other interesting thing is that when we left, we filled up the cats' food and water bowls, but didn't ask anyone to come and refill them. That's fine for a weekend, but we were going to be away for six months at least! My hope is that I'm a better mother to this baby in real life than I am to my cats in my dreams!

2 comments:

  1. I spent my junior high and high school years in Europe and have been to Paris and didn't really like it, so I don't know why it was the focus of my dream, but in the dream I LOVED it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dreamt that Michele - who is driving for Wegman's, our local grocery store, which has stores throughout NY and in PA, VA, MA, and some other places I can't recall - well, Wegman's decided to open operations in France, headquartered in Paris.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails