Monday, July 5, 2010

My Fourth of July Weekend, Part 2

I also spent part of the weekend working on another mini quilt. This one is for a very dear friend who loves dolphins. I named it "Dolphin Frolic" and I used the same technique that I badly described in my last post about quilting. The water and the dolphins are individual "quilts" that are partially attached to the main quilt. To give the sky a bit more dimension, I did the same with some of the clouds.

I'm off this week - my company closes for a week for 4th of July every year - and it is very hot outside, so I think I will be spending a lot of time quilting. I'm excited to get started on the next idea that's in my head!

1 comment:

  1. The things you can do with fabric is amazing, Michelle. Looks like you can do some book illustration with this technique!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails