Sunday, September 4, 2011

Work of Our Hands

Although we weren't able to put in a garden this year, we have gotten the chance to do some canning. I didn't get to make pickles or barbecue sauce this year, but we picked fruit several times and made lots of jam: blueberry, black raspberry, and sour cherry. Surprisingly, to us, the sour cherry is our favorite. Neither of us had ever tasted a sour cherry, but we thought we'd make some jam anyhow. . .and we are SO glad we did! Oh, yum!
Freshly picked and washed blueberries. I love how they look
against my favorite gold colander!

Black raspberry jam - yum!

Blueberry jam - so good!

Michele and I ending our afternoon of picking with a
sour cherry pitting session. It was her idea to pit cherries
on the futon. Thank goodness that cover is washable!!

Freshly pitted cour cherrie - so pretty!

Sour cherry jam and canned sour cherries. The canned cherries
are amazing warm and over homemade vanilla ice cream - oh yum!!

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed!! I gave away red currants direct from the bush.....My bluberrys is still out there.... I`m going to eat them!! Limonade from sour cherry is delicious!! good work!! :-) Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, what was I thinking.
    Great job and a good theme. And thanks for the mention.
    Thanks for the kind words and the plug. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails