Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year

Ahh, I adore the freshness of a new year. I hope it's starting out great for all of you. I feel so hopeful that I'll:
  1. Be more organized
  2. Be nicer
  3. Complete more
  4. Have a better memory
  5. Find more time 
  6. And so on and so forth
I never really change year to year, but I always feel hopeful that it's possible - at least through January. By February, I've realized that I'm pretty much the same, but that's still pretty great.

I did actually complete quite a few things in December, so maybe I was most of those things already? Anyhow, I finished that baby quilt I mentioned last month. Oh, so pleased with it! But how could anyone do a bad job with such a fun feature fabric and such a great pattern. Star sashing is one of my favorite piecing patterns and it's just perfect when you want to feature a fun juvenile print like this monkey one. Plus, I was lucky enough to find the exact same print in a flannel for the backing. So cozy! I feel pretty confident that mama and baby are loving it right now!

I loved the pairing of the monkey and the polka dot fabrics.
Inspired, if I do say so myself!

A finished project is always a treat. One this cute is especially wonderful.
There's nothing cozier than a flannel-backed quilt! Ahhhh!



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails